- 3 cups chopped organic carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium size saucepan, simmer carrots with enough water to cover until tender. Drain but reserve liquid. Let cool slightly.
- In a separate saucepan or griddle, sauté onions, garlic, and cashews in olive oil until golden brown. Set aside.
- Place carrots and cashew mixture in a Vitamix or heavy-duty blender with enough of the reserved broth to cover. Blend until it becomes a thick soup. Add a bit more broth, if needed.
- Add unsweetened almond milk and blend again until creamy and a nice light orange color. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
For garnish, sprinkle on additional chopped roasted
cashews or roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds) for color.
In early spring, fresh peas are a lovely garnish.