- 1 lb pasta of choice
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 3 cups veggie broth or water (you may need to adjust liquid depending on pasta type)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt3
- In a large pot, combine ALL of the ingredients. Mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Place on the stove. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Once it has reached a boil, uncover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes. Cook time will depend on type of pasta.
- Remove from the heat once the pasta has become al dente.
- Serve right away with some fresh parsley and vegan Parmesan or use for meal prep!
I suggest using rigatoni brown rice pasta because it
makes the dish creamier and holds the flavorful sauce
really well. You can also make your own tomato sauce
with a can of tomato paste, water, and spices. I like to
use a premade jar of organic sauce because I find it adds
an additional level of flavor.